Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wildlife


My, how times have changed... How long has it been since I hoped I'd have a wild plan all lined up for New Year's Eve. This year's plan was less of a "plan" and more about the wildlife. My husband and I spent the extended holiday weekend in Wimberley, Texas. He tried to catch smallmouth bass in the clear waters of the Blanco River and I tried to catch deer in the camera lens as they pranced through the neighborhood. I also had the pleasure of seeing ducks cross the road to get to the river, turkeys hanging out in someone's front yard, goats gnawing on someone's grass, and lots of cows. When I wasn't lost on the winding roads and trying to find my way back to the delightful town square, I was making some new jewels to share with everyone and catching up on my magazine reading. We ended up spending NYE night playing Scrabble, drinking champagne left from our wedding, and eating the top of our wedding cake as first anniversary tradition dictated. [It was still surprisingly delicious, by the way!] This is my new idea of fun. Not exactly wild, but what can I say. Anyway, I won the game and victory made the evening even more fun. Teeehee! Best wishes for a safe and prosperous 2008.

No comments: